Safeguarding Concerns during Covid-19 Shutdown
Safeguarding advice for parents/carers during current school closure.
School staff remain available for support and guidance whilst the site is closed.
If you have any safeguarding concerns during the school day (8.30am - 3.30pm) please contact:
Julie Goodyear - Vice Principal Care and Safeguarding
Mobile: 07741 688637
Any staff contacting children at home while the school is closed will:
- Follow school safeguarding policies
- Only use parents/carers’ email addresses or phone numbers to communicate with children under the age of 16 (unless this poses a safeguarding risk)
- Only use school accounts to communicate via email or online platforms
- Make sure any phone calls are made from a blocked number or work phone so personal contact details are not visible
- Comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 regarding student and parents/carers personal details
- In the event of a safeguarding concern, refer to legislation and safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
You can also contact your local children’s social care duty team 24 hours a day. Contact details are available on their individual websites.
Services for children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Kent Children and Families Information Service (CFIS) provides, free, confidential, impartial information and advice to parents, carers and members of the public.
The provider of all age eating disorder services and child and adolescent mental health services across Kent and Medway.
The NSPCC helpline provides help and support to thousands of parents, professionals and families.
It's a place adults can contact by phone or online to get advice or share their concerns about a child, anonymously if they wish. It's staffed by professional practitioners with backgrounds in jobs like teaching, healthcare and social work, who know how to spot the signs of abuse and what to do to help.
Support for children and young people.
Call Free: 0800 1111
Vice Principal - Care and Safeguarding