To help get a better understanding of how to join us, we have described the general application process. We understand that it can be a daunting step, especially if this your first experience of researching specialist provisions.
If you have any queries, or would like to have a look around before taking the next steps, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Read our literature or visit our website for information on the school
- Contact us and discuss your child's needs
- Send us Local Authority details and SEN/EHCP papers for review
- Arrange a visit to the school and see how it feels, ask questions and review provision
- Students will give you a tour, and you will have the opportunity to talk to staff
- An interview will take place as part of the school visit or on a separate occasion
- You and your Local Authority SEN case officer will be informed of a placement offer
- You liaise with your Local Authority on placement — please advise of developments
- We will provide supporting documentation to the Local Authority as required
- Upon funding approval, a home visit and start date will be confirmed
- Our transition team will liaise with you regarding an appropriate induction to the school
- Assessments will take place during the initial transition period